Thursday, December 12, 2013

October 22, 2013
Hola Familia,
Funny moments this week...I got out of the shower one night and Sister P...... told me that the STL's texted to tell us our study topic for the next week and that they love us, so she texted back that we love them too. I thought it was a little weird that the STL's would tell us what to study, so I checked the phone and saw that it was a mass text from the zone leaders, not the STL's. Easily confused, since we have a zone leader named Elder Larson and an STL named Sister Larson. Nonetheless, I realized that Sister P..... had just sent a message to the zone leaders telling them that she loves them! Oh gosh!! I started laughing, but then I realized that they could have thought that that was from either one of us...which made it not quite as funny, but still funny.
The other day when we were on shift at the Visitors Center, I went by the annex looking for another sister and right as I was about to head back I noticed that there were a couple of middle aged Hispanic women looking at the pictures and reading the Spanish descriptions. I went to talk to them, and we ended up having an amazing tour. I took them around to look at the pictures from inside the temple, and the Spirit was just amazing. We were all tearing up, and she asked me if there was somewhere where she could get a Book of Mormon in Spanish. Of course I said that I could just give her one :) Anyways, so I take them to the front to see the Christus, and they just about fainted. I've never seen the Spirit hit anyone like that. They were just overwhelmed, especially when they sat in front of the Christus and I shared my testimony about the Savior. They both took BoMs and gave me their information so that I can keep in touch with them. It is amazing how the Spirit works with people who are prepared!
We find out our transfers this Saturday! For sure they need two new STL's and two more VCT's, as well as 5 trainers. So things will be changed up a bit! Not necessarily for us because we are training, but it should be dramatic nonetheless. We will see!
I love you all so much and hope that you have a great week! Love,
Sister Burner
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment