Thursday, December 12, 2013


November 27, 2013

Hola familia!

 One of my favorite moments this last week happened yesterday. We are allowed to do at least 2 hours of service each week, so yesterday we went to a rest home in Coral Canyon and visited with the residents. Everyone was so friendly and excited to have visitors! And the nonmembers were just as excited to see us as the members. It just felt nice to have people so excited to see us because lately we haven't been meeting very many friendly people! 

I already mentioned this when I sent pictures, but I just love St. George in the fall! Every once in a while wind will stir up and a lot of the leaves will fall off of the trees at once. It looks like it is raining leaves outside. For the first second I'm always sad that the trees are losing their leaves, but then I get caught up in how magical it feels to have leaves all around me in the air! And I just love seeing colorful leaves everywhere. It makes me want to have a leaf fight or make a big pile and jump in it. But then I remember that I am a missionary and probably shouldn't do that! But still, the feeling here is so neat. Especially since we have our Christmas decorations up in the Visitors Center, and Thanksgiving will be here tomorrow!

Well, I hope that you all have a wonderful week, all things considered. Enjoy family time for what it is, despite the occasion :)

Send my love to everyone!

--Sister Burner

 

No comments:

Post a Comment