Thursday, December 12, 2013


November 20, 2013

Hola familia y amigos!

I had some neat experiences this week. One happened a few days ago about 10-15 minutes before we were going to close the Visitors Center. I noticed a man and his young adult son sitting on the chairs right next to the door. They looked like they had stopped in just as an afterthought. I went over and sat next to them, and had a nice conversation getting to know them a bit. I found out that they had just moved here after their family had broken apart in Florida. They used to be members, but had fallen into inactivity. They told me that they believed that Jesus Christ existed as a person, but weren't quite sure about His divine role, or how that even applied to them now. They said that they couldn't imagine how someone who lived 2000 years ago would still be relevant, since they didn't have proof of Him. I had the opportunity to testify to them about modern revelation--although Christ lived thousands of years ago, what makes Him relevant now is that we can continue to come to know Him as our Savior through prayer and receiving answers through the Holy Ghost. They couldn't argue with that :) I hope that left them with something to think about.

Also a few days ago, my companion and I got a call during lunch time from an elder who had gotten transferred to SUU in Cedar this last transfer (or was it the transfer before? I don't remember). He told me that he had an investigator coming to the Visitors Center that day, and asked if I would watch for her and give her a tour. I said okay, and didn't think much of it. But after I got to the Visitors Center, I was talking to Elder Cam..... for a minute (he is one of the assistants to the president) and he mentioned Elder L...... (the elder that called me) wanting me to do his tour. So then it finally clicked that Elder L....... must have called the VC to find out who was on shift, and then called all the way up to the Assistants to get permission to call me, and then he called his last companion, Elder Da....s, who called  Sister He.... to get my phone number and then got it back to Elder L.......  ..so basically he must really have wanted me to give his tour! That made me feel really good.  Anyways, when the investigator came, she found me and asked, "Are you Sister Burner? Elder L..... told me to find you." And then when her fellowshipper came in, he said "Short, red hair. You must be Sister Burner. Elder L...... said that you are the best." How nice is that?

Another memorable moment was Monday morning. It was super slow at the Visitors Center, so I was in the big middle room playing the piano. Another sister who was on Pday but there waiting for her companion to come out of a meeting came in and sat down to listen to me play. After a bit, in walks Am....--I don't know if you remember me mentioning her, but she is the lady that Sister P...... and I helped pack up her apartment so that she could move. As soon as she saw that it was me, she burst into tears. She told us everything that she was going through, and that again she felt that God had sent her to me (well, I guess last time it was me to her). The sister who was there with me happened to be going through a couple of the same things, so between the three of us (me, the other sister, and the Spirit) we were able to help Am..... to have a spiritual experience. We showed her Lifting Burdens (a really good Mormon Message) and by the time that she left, she was smiling. God is so good!

Take care! I love you all so much!

--Sister Burner
 

No comments:

Post a Comment