Thursday, December 12, 2013


November 6, 2013

Hola familia y amigos!

Okay, I took notes this last week so that I would remember everything that I need to tell you about!

First, Halloween. Our mission had the same rule as the elders in Chico had; we all had to be in our apartments at 6pm. BUT, I was on shift at the Visitors Center that night, so we got to stay there and watch Ephraim's Rescue!! It was so fun! I didn't cry as much as I did with 17 Miracles, but it was still way good.

Funny moment of the week: Daylight Savings Time. Saturday night we got a text from the STL's saying something like, "Enjoy your extra hour of sleep tonight! Remember before you go to bed to reset your clocks!" Sister P..... read that and apparently they don't have Daylight Savings in Gu......, so she was a little confused. I tried to explain simply that the time goes back an hour, but we didn't need to change the cell phone because it automatically changes. We just needed to change the clocks. Anyways, the next morning I woke up to the door bell ringing and pounding on the door, which turned out to be Sister Du..... needing to get the keys since it was her turn to have the car. I looked at the clock and it was 7:07. So of course I had a mini spasm getting out of bed and running to start getting ready. I was super confused why our alarm hadn't gone off though, so I checked the alarm on our phone and it had changed to 7:30 instead of 6:30. Still confused, I tried to think through it out loud to Sister P....., saying that maybe the phone had changed time but the alarms hadn't changed with the time or something...which didn't make any sense. Finally Sister P...... says, "I changed the alarm last night. The STL's said that we got an extra hour to sleep last night". Oh goodness...!

Miracle for the week: This last weekend, I had TWO baptisms!! Neither one for our current area, but Hay... from Leeds got baptized, as well as ANN....... from Bloomington Hills!! AHHHH! It was the greatest thing ever! We got permission to go to both of them, and we just went from one straight to the other. Ann......'s was first. I loved seeing her in white!! And we were a bit surprised when President Center, his wife, and the assistants showed up for the baptism. Especially me because I was supposed to give the talk on the Holy Ghost, and I was planning on kinda winging it (since we weren't for sure that the baptism was going to happen until the night before). But it turned out really nice :) Hay....'s baptism was great too. I played the piano for that one. She is so cute!

Our district leader told us that we need to get some baptisms for our area soon...but hey! I'm trying, but they keep switching me before the baptisms happen! I'm grateful that at least I still get to go to them :)

Tomorrow is my year mark! Crazy, right? One year ago today I was getting ready to go to the MTC! It really doesn't feel like it has been that long. A lot of things have happened since then but at the same time calling it a year seems funny.

Well, I hope that everything is going well for all of you! I love you all so much!

Love,
Sister Burner

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment