Monday, December 31, 2012

December 31, 2012
 
Hola Familia!
 
It was so great to be able to Skype you all on Christmas! That was definitely the highlight of my Christmas.  We got to spend time at several different members' houses as well, which was really nice. There are some amazing families here who make us feel so loved and appreciated.
 
For the district activity, we went to the stake center here in Huntington and played basketball, soccer, and dodgeball. It was super fun, the elders in my district are so funny! Oh, and at the end we all sat down at a table to play Uno...but then we realized that nobody had brought Uno cards. So that didn't work out too well. We ended up playing knock out instead :)
 
Today we have p-day, and then we have a district activity from 5-8, which is going to be AWESOME because we get to watch The Lion King in a home theater in Helper (that's where our zone leaders are), and I am going to make muddy buddies, and we are going to go to Price early to try to find some snow boots, and it is just going to be an amazing day :) And then tomorrow we have normal study time in the morning, but we can't tract that day, so I am not entirely sure what we are going to do, except that we have another district activity for a couple hours in the afternoon. So tomorrow should be pretty fun as well!
 
Last night at our dinner appointment, we were standing around waiting for the husband to get home and for the food to be done, and my companion's finger started bleeding. She asked the woman for a bandaid, and as soon as she had gone to get it, Sister Chase turned to me and said "Hermana, I am going to pass out." I thought it was just because she was hungry so I told her to sit down and drink some of the lemonade that was on the table, and at that point the woman came back in and I just told her "Um...my companion isn't feeling so good." Hermana Chase just laid her head down on her arm and completely passed out...eventually we got her over to the couch to lay down, and the woman hesitantly asked me, "Does she do this often?" It was so funny. Well, except for the part where my companion blacked out on the couch. But later we laughed. For once I wasn't the one to get sick at someone's house!
 
Earlier this week, we noticed that for some reason, our pens haven't been working when we go to schedule appointments with people, but then we realized that it is because the ink is frozen! Haha! It is so cold here, but we have been doing well. It will be a lot better though if we can find some snow boots today!
 
Hope you are all having a great New Years Eve!
Much love,
Hermana Burner
 
p.s. Trey, go to the dance!!

No comments:

Post a Comment