Friday, December 28, 2012

December 24, 2012
 
Hola familia y amigos!
 
Padres y hermanos, I am so glad to hear that you made it to Utah safely! I have to admit I was a little stressed out because it has been rather snowy, and I didn't know if either of you have had much experience driving in snow. Tender mercy! 
 
Missionary work was a roller coaster this week--we had a couple baptisms, but we haven't really found anyone to replace them in our teaching pool! I think a lot of people were out of town for Christmas because it seemed like for a lot of the week nobody was home. Yesterday was amazing though--after a dry week, we were able to contact at least 3 nonmembers and share a message with another one.  And, at our dinner appointment, we got a few referrals! Hopefully some of those turn out well :)
 
Yes, we have a car. We usually drive to a referral, investigator, or known non-member's house, and then T-contact them which means we go to the houses, on either side and across from them...Which are usually all members, but we ask them about their neighborhood to see if they know anyone else who isn't a member. Often times they only know the members on their street, so hopefully that gets them thinking about fellowshipping.
 
My mission president changed his mind after all, so we get to skype!! Wahoo! We are planning on calling at noon tomorrow. We are going to take turns, but either way I will call you around then and let you know. And I will probably be calling Mom's phone because I don't have Dad's number memorized (sorry Dad), so if you could keep your phone on and nearby that would be great! I am so excited to tell you all about my baptisms and investigators and everything.
 
I love you all so much!
Hermana Burner

No comments:

Post a Comment