Saturday, March 15, 2014


March 10, 2014

Hola familia!

Week one of this transfer went so great! It was sad to say goodbye to Sister Da..la when she left on Tuesday. But, I was super excited to take her place being companions with Sister Sor...s! Sister Ri...a's new companion wasn't getting here until 6 on Tuesday so we were a trio for part of the day, which was fun! Sister Sor...s and I have been getting down to business pretty fast. We went to two ward council meetings on Sunday in addition to church and coordination meeting. As we've gone around to meet the Bishops, I've managed to get us two speaking assignments for March 23rd (I hope that Sister Sor...s doesn't hate me!). We also already went on an exchange--Friday night to Saturday night I went to Kanab with Sister Cisn...s, who is waiting for her visa to Brazil, and Sister Chi...n came to Washington Fields with Sister Sor...s. These first couple of exchanges I'm going to the other areas because I still don't know where things are in Washington Fields lol. I'm getting to know the area pretty fast though.

I'm really excited to get to know the sisters that we work with. We mostly just have the sisters in our zone, but we have two companionships from nearby zones as well. The other day one of our sisters texted us because she was having a really hard time with serving in the Visitors Center. She is Spanish speaking, so she didn't come down to the Visitors Center until her 6th transfer (same as me!) and she hasn't adjusted to it very smoothly. We went over and talked with her for a while (and took her ice cream) and I think that she is feeling better now. Poor thing! It feels really nice to be able to help sisters come to love missionary work more :) I just feel like I have all of this experience, and I have learned so much on my mission, and I want to use it to help other sisters! So basically I am just really grateful that I can be an STL for my last transfer. I just want to be able to do all the good possible while I am still here! I want to help everyone in every way I can, and make a positive difference in the lives of everyone around me. I wish there were about five more hours in a day!

Tomorrow is Zone Conference!! I am way excited. Afterwards I am going to Kaibab with Sister He...! Colorado City here we come! Not going to lie, I am a little bit excited to see all of the polygamists. No worries though, if Sister He... hasn't gotten stolen yet, I won't either ;) And I am also excited to have one more day with my mission daughter! I really wish that my camera was working!

Well, I hope that you all have an amazing week! Remember that I love you.

Love,
Sister Burner




1 comment:

  1. Hi, what's the kind of watch you were wearing? I'm looking for one like that

    ReplyDelete