Saturday, March 15, 2014


February 18, 2014
Hola familia y amigos!

This last week has been so great! We've had fantastic lessons, a baptism, Valentine’s day, all kinds of fun stuff :)

S.....e had an interview with the mission president to see if he can get baptized, so now we are just waiting on hearing back from the First Presidency. Hopefully all will go okay with that, but whatever happens I am sure will be what is meant to happen.

We had an amazing lesson with Jo.... on Tuesday. We taught the Plan of Salvation, which I thought he would have had a lot of questions about, since he has had a slightly "devil's advocate" kind of attitude in the past. But he loved every bit of it, we were able to answer the very few questions he had, and President Pr....e (the last branch president) was there and was saying all of the right things at the right moments (sometimes you worry a lot about what fellowshippers will say!). Jo.... even brought his fancy camera so that he could take a picture with his missionaries :) I think that is a good sign! We are meeting him at the Visitors Center tonight, which I am really excited about. It is going to be really good, I can feel it!

Cr....g is doing fantastic. He is beyond reactivated. He has his sights set firmly on going to the temple, and it's like he can't get enough of reading the scriptures, going to church, and meeting with us! He is the only person who shows up for Priesthood with the entire lesson read through and thoroughly annotated. When we went to his house on Wednesday for our appointment, he was outside waiting for us--almost jumping up and down because he was so excited to tell us the news that he was asked to be a home teacher! He ran into the house to show us his home teaching assignment list. He is so great! We asked him to help us fellowship one of our investigators, La....y, who hasn't been able to find any friends at church. You would have thought we had asked him to receive the Nobel Peace Prize, he was so honored! I'm excited :) This will be good for both him and La....y!

Ju....e is on day 12 of being sober! She is doing so great. Now she just needs to stop smoking...which hopefully will happen really, really soon! Sister Ri....a went over to her house while she was at work on Valentine’s Day and worked on clearing the leaves and sticks and whatnot from her front garden area for about an hour, but I'm not sure if she noticed it or not because she didn't mention it. But at least we know that we did something nice for her, so when she goes to clear it out (she mentioned needing to do that the other day) it won't be as big of a job.

On Thursday, we also had an amazing Plan of Salvation lesson with Ju...l! He reacted about the same as Jo....--he had a hard time getting into the Restoration lesson, but he just loved the Plan of Salvation! Apparently for their anniversary last week, he and Do...a went out to dinner and he gave her a card that said something like, "I want to be with you forever" so his wife turns to him and says, "Well, if you want to be with me forever, you need to get baptized first." He responded, "Yeah I know...but I just like coffee too much." to which the brilliant woman says, "Which is more important to you? Me, or coffee?" Hahaha isn't that so great? He said, "Uh...I hadn't thought of it that way before." So maybe that was why our lesson when so well a couple days later! I hope that he continues to progress.

For our dinner appointment Friday night, the 10th branch (they are a retirement branch, so only 65 and older or something like that) invited us to their Valentines Dinner. I figured it wouldn't be as weird as a normal ward Valentine’s Day thing, because they would all be too old to be overly romantic, which was true, except that they had this guy singing old love songs accompanied on his guitar. I felt SO awkward! The man sitting across from us said, "Not exactly your kind of music is it?" When I responded with, "Yeah, I'd rather listen to hymns" he had a surprised expression, so I think he was thinking more along the lines of Justin Bieber or something. But I'm a missionary, not just some youngster! haha. It was kinda funny because we were thinking entirely different things! We excused ourselves after the first song or two because I just couldn't handle it, I felt so awkward!

Well, I hope that you all had a beautiful and less-awkward-than-mine Valentine’s Day!

I love you!

--Sister BurnerBottom of Form

 


No comments:

Post a Comment