Thursday, August 1, 2013

June 24, 2013

Hola familia y amigos!

This last weekend was amazing!  A little sad because we will be leaving tomorrow, but everything else was so great!

On Saturday, we went to the Manti temple with Wy.... (our service missionary that helps us a lot) and Ra...... (the one who got baptized/confirmed/received the Priesthood/blessed the Sacrament last week).  It was busy and they said it would be about an hour and a half wait, so we walked down to the family history center which is at the bottom of the hill.  There, we set Ra.... up with an LDS account and showed him how to use Family Tree, and we got his grandfather's name all ready for the temple work.  Then we went back up to the temple and they let us in :)  So we did both baptisms and confirmations for Ra...'s grandfather, as well as a bunch of family names that the Rh....s' gave us (they are the couple that we live with).

Wy.... performed the baptisms and Sister H and I went first, but we stayed there dripping wet with our towels around us so that we could watch Ra.... be baptized.  It was amazing.  We could both feel that there were angels surrounding that font.  Ra..... said that he could feel his grandfather's presence there with him as he did his work.

I love the temple!!

Yesterday, Ra..... was sustained in Sacrament meeting as a member of the branch's YM Presidency.  Have I  mentioned before that he is just amazing?? He went to the Work of Salvation broadcast with us last night, and he is so excited to be able to serve a mission in a year.  I wish he could just go right now!

There are a lot of people in this area that I will miss, but I know that there are people down in St. George who have been waiting for me.  And I can always come back and visit!

Please pray that everything will go smoothly with me learning how to work in the Visitor's Center, and that I will be a good trainer for my new companion.

I love you all so much!
--Hermana Burner




No comments:

Post a Comment