Thursday, August 1, 2013

July 2, 2013

Hola familia y amigos!

My new companion is Sister He...., who is 19 and from Maui, Hawaii.  She is so sweet, and super gorgeous.  She has been so easy to train.  

I love serving in St. George!  The Visitor's Center is amazing.  I love looking out the window and seeing the Temple right next to us!  And hearing the Christus over and over throughout the day.  And having prepared people come right to me, instead of having to hunt them out!  There are so many people who come into the VC and say, "I don't know why I am here.  I just felt like I should come."  Oh! Pick me, pick me! I know why they came!!

I have felt the Spirit so strongly there.  We have a video exhibit thing called "God's Plan for the Family," and I love taking people there (they have it in both english and spanish) because afterwards I get to bear my testimony on the family.  And I get to think about my family :) We also have a room filled with paintings of Jesus Christ, which I love, because I could talk about Him forever!

I feel like I am already rambling, but basically, I just love it!

The area I came into currently has zero investigators, so we are starting from scratch.  Poor Sister He..... isn't a fan of having to spend time in our area, but I wouldn't either if all I associated with it was tracting in 117 degree weather!  No worries Mom, we take lots of water each day.  And I made a rule that I would never say no when a member offers us a bottle of water, so we are drinking enough :) Anyways, we have found a couple of potentials, so I am hoping that things improve with the area soon and that we can begin to teach people.  I'm not too worried--miracles always happen when a companionship is training!

Hope everything is going well for you all--
Much love,
Sister Burner




Waiting for our greenies to be done with a new sisters meeting one morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment