Monday, May 13, 2013

May 6, 2013
 
Hola familia y amigos!
 
Before I forget, there was a couple of verses that I read during my pesonal study that reminded me of you.  They are found in Romans 1:8-9:
 
"First, I thank my God through Jesus Christ for you all, that your faith is spoken of throughout the whole world.  For God is my witness, whom I serve with my spirit in the gospel of his Son, that without ceasing I make mention of you always in my prayers."
 
Paul knew exactly how I feel! Every morning and evening prayer I say, I thank my Heavenly Father that I have such a wonderful and supportive family.  A family that strives to center their lives around our Savior, Jesus Christ.  I am so blessed!
 
Thanks for all of the support this week-- I got a package from Aunt Lysol, and two days later I got a package from Grandma Jacque! And I got letters from home.  I felt so loved :)
 
Yesterday my companion and I went on splits so that I could go to the branch in Elsinore, and stay for all three hours, which we have never been able to do there.  My companion went to correlation meeting with our branch president here in Axtell, and then went to the branch in the afternoon.  It was a bit weird at first to be without my companion-- I felt like my other half was missing! But then after a while, I adjusted to it.  At the branch in Elsinore, the spirit was there more strongly than I think I have felt it in my entire mission.  And when I bore my testimony, I think it was the most fluent Spanish I have ever spoken.  Our investigators weren't able to make it to church there, but the Bl.....s' (the couple who picked me up; she was my temporary companion) picked up a nonmember along the way, so that was nice.  It was definitely worthwhile.
 
Saturday night, Gunnison had a community 5 de mayo fiesta in the park, so we went and volunteered for it (pics to come), and then spent most of the night contacting peope there.  We were able to share messages with at least 18 nonmembers, which was so great!  Plus we invited many people to come to church.  It was a very successful endeavor :) And way fun!  At one point they set a chicken loose and a whole crowd of people were running around chasing it, trying to catch it.  Plus they had pinatas, a traditional mexican dance performance, and volleyball.  And lots of food.
 
Have a wonderful week, everyone!
Con mucho amor,
Hermana Burner
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment