Sunday, April 13, 2014


March 31, 2014
Hola familia y amigos!

Ju...e finally got baptized!! WAHOO!! She went to Dr. Pi.....n over a month ago (2 months?) for drinking and she was successful with that, but she put off quitting smoking up until 2 weeks ago, and even for a week after going to Pi.....n she still smoked a cigarette or two every day (which is a miracle after what she was doing before, but still!). Anyways, she finally quit and got baptized on Saturday!! I was so excited! It has been a long, hard road for her but the Lord has blessed her so much. She asked me to give the talk on baptism, so I got to go and see her be baptized. It was really neat :) A long time ago (in December?) I had made her promise me that she would get baptized before I left, and I had forgotten about that--but I guess she hadn't because when I went up to congratulate her after the baptism, she mentioned that to me. The Lord works through small and simple things!
More updates on Leeds investigators--Ju....l is getting baptized this weekend!! I can't believe that one either! His wife thought it wouldn't ever happen, but have miracles ceased? I say unto you, Nay! Also, S....e got a letter back from the First Presidency saying that he can get baptized!! He had an interview with President Ce...r again yesterday, and everything looks good for the week after next! And Jo... will be baptized the week after that!

I wish that my area now was exploding like Leeds is, but we are on the "building up" stage. That's alright though--I feel like that has been the story of my mission, but I have been blessed to stay close enough that I can go back and see the people I have taught get baptized. Tender mercy :) They don't count for my numbers, but they count for the Lord.
I just love, love, love being a missionary! I am so grateful that Conference is coming up this weekend. What an amazing way to finish my mission, getting spiritual insights for my post mission life through the words of men that I sustain as prophets, seers and revelators.

I hope that everyone is doing well! I love you all!
Love,
Sister Burner



No comments:

Post a Comment