Sunday, April 13, 2014


April 7, 2014
Hola familia y amigos!

What an amazing General Conference weekend!! I just can't seem to get enough of it. They spoke on everything that our investigators need to hear right now! I love how inspired Conference is. How amazing is it that twice a year we get to hear our modern day prophet and the 12 apostles speak?! Men called directly by the Lord to teach to the needs of the world as it is right now. It blows my mind! My favorite talks were by Elder Neil Anderson and President Uchtdorf (as per usual), but they were all incredible.
Sister So....s' birthday was this week! Thank you Mom and Dad for sending her a birthday package; she didn't get anything from her family, so it was nice that she still felt some family love on her birthday, even if it wasn't from her family. It was so fun all week just showering her with love and seeing members reach out and do nice things for her as well. I think that she really needed all of that :) She is an amazing missionary and an incredible daughter of God, overcoming a past that is far more difficult than what most people have.

We had an amazing lesson on the Law of Chastity this last week! We were a little bit nervous because it was with Ch....e (less active) and her boyfriend Ja....s, who have been living together for a while now. But it turned out really good! We taught by the Spirit and asked Ja....s to bear his testimony on Chastity. It was really neat and inspired...I think that some RM's just need to be reminded of what they preached on their missions, so they can have the boost and motivation they need to get back on track. Kindle the flame :) It's sad how many RM's I have met on my mission who are not living the things that they taught and saw miracles from on their missions. I don't understand it, and I hope and pray that I never understand that.
On Wednesday we had Mission Leadership Council (MLC). It's a six hour meeting held at the Mission Home. All of the Zone Leaders and Sister Training Leaders throughout the mission come down for it, and we receive training to present to our missionaries in Zone Training Meeting a couple of days later. It was neat to see a lot of the missionaries that I have known during my mission! At the end all of the missionaries who are there for the last time bear their testimonies, which was a little nerve wracking but it was neat :)

Well I need to head out, sorry to cut this short! I love you all :)
Love,
Sister Burner


 

No comments:

Post a Comment