Tuesday, February 12, 2013

February 4, 2013
Hola Familia!
 
The other day, we were teaching a couple named the Le........s. They are 7th Day Adventist, but are always really nice to the missionaries and let us in. We were teaching the Plan of Salvation. It's a little scary because Brother Le....... is VERY well-versed in the Bible; he pretty much knows it backwards and forwards. Anyways, we were talking about how God is the Father of our spirits, and how He wants us to return to Him someday. We shared Hebrews 12:9, which compares our Heavenly Father to our earthly fathers. He then asked us, "If our Heavenly Father were like your dad, would you want to live with Him forever?" We both took a second to digest the question, but then we both said yes. It probably doesn't seem like a very powerful moment, but it really made me think about how great my dad is and how blessed I am that I have a dad who is such an amazing role model and example of a true disciple of Christ.  ...I'm going to leave it there because I'm starting to tear up in the middle of the library, but I love you, Dad : )
 
We have been teaching our friend A....'s mom (she just left on her mission a few weeks ago, and her mom is just starting to come back to church), mostly because she had a nonmember couple living with her that would sit in on the lessons, but also because President just gave us permisison during the last Zone Conference to start teaching less-actives (as long as it doesn't interfere with our goals for teaching nonmembers), and she really needs it. Anyways, during personal study I was starting to prepare our lesson for her, starting with the Restoration and focusing on the topic of love. After a while I realized that I was directing the entire lesson plan towards her, and not towards Ch.... and Li.... (the nonmenbers living with her). For some reason, I just felt that that was what I was supposed to do. When we arrived at her house for the lesson that night, she told us that Ch.... and Li.... had moved out and were living with her mom in Wellington, so it would just be her and her sister that night. I had no idea that that was going to happen, so it was just a testimony to me of how the Spirit directs our planning and teaching! I didn't know that it would just be Gl..... and her sister, but the Spirit did, so that is what He had me plan for. Amazing, isn't it?
 
On a lighter note, we were looking at some lists the other day that we got from the Stake Clerk, and one man had as his address, "Old Flour Mill." On official church records! Haha you know you are in Emery County when...! But it's legitimate; it seems like most of the houses around here don't have numbers on them, so a lot of people don't know their addresses.
 
I love you all! Tenga una bena semana!
Con amor,
Hermana Burner

No comments:

Post a Comment