Tuesday, February 12, 2013

February 4, 2013
Hey Familia--
 
We finished everything we had to get done early today, so I have plenty of time to write! We are meeting the elders at the Huntington Stake Center to play basketball in a bit though.
 
I thought I would share with you a few of these spiritual thoughts that I share often when we run into a member or after dinner appointments : ) (BTW, I ate with Pres. Brown's aunt's family the other night!)
 
Ether 12:4 and 12:6--- We love to emphasize the word "anchor" and how faith in Christ is our anchor (compare Hel. 5:12)
 
Ether 12:27--- I always follow with this quote: "No matter how dark your days may seem, no matter how insignificant you may feel, no matter how overshadowed you think you may be, your Heavenly Father has not forgotten you. In fact, He loves you, with an infinite love"---Pres. Uchtdorf. Smetimes even just knowing that God truly loves us is enough to give us the strength to carry on.
 
D & C 124:15--- I use this to talk about likening the scriptures to ourselves. I tell how I had this scripture printed out and looked at it often during high school to give me motivation.
 
Alma 38:9--- I love the contrast of light, truth, Christ vs. dark, lies, satan, and how if we let Him, Christ will light up our worlds.
 
A lot of times we just use various scriptures as the spirit directs, or something we have learned recently in our personal studies.
 
Remember how I mentioned in my e-mail about teaching Gl....? It has been so great. Her sister drives all the way from Castle Dale to join our lessons, and she had been going to a baptist church for the last year. And there is always one or two other random less actives or nonmembers who come. It's like we have a little class!
 
I love you all so much! I keep a family picture in my scriptures, and my favorite pen (I'm using it right now) is the one Grandma sent me that was custom made with our family picture on it. And I keep pictures next to my bed and on my dresser.
 
Have a great week!
----Hermana Burner
 


No comments:

Post a Comment