Saturday, January 19, 2013

January 14, 2013
 
Familia--
 
After being in the mission field for only a month, I think I am already beginning to see what Avery went through and why some things became more important to him than others.
 
A few days ago, a nice lady dropped dinner off for us at our house, and we were excited to find that instead of the usual meat and potatoes, she had brought us homemade salsa, enchiladas, and chips. Without wasting a moment, we turned on the oven to heat the enchiladas and popped open the jar of salsa. Raising the jar to our noses, the smell of authentic homemade mexican salsa filled us with surprise and delight. We hurriedly opened the bag of tortilla chips and dunked the chips into the salsa, anticipating a spicy authenticity not experienced since leaving our homes in California.
 
Alas, the anticipated moment of delight did not come. We were greeted with the most bland taste ever known to salsa. The only ray of light was the knowledge that I had some Pace salsa in the fridge. Nevertheless, I can now see why Avery asked you to send him Ricardos salsa so much.
 
Well, I wrote that last week, but better late than never, right?
 
So I went to Price 4 times this last week--- Pday, District meeting, and taking and picking up the car--- but I have yet to run into Elder Callor or the Mohrs. I'll most likely be here for another 2 transfers though, so maybe I still will at some point.
 
Love you all!
Hermana Burner

 


No comments:

Post a Comment